Thursday, July 8, 2010

Homemade Peanut Butter

Another experiment that turned out awesome! If you have a food processor you can make peanut butter.

Ingredients:
16 ounces of dry roasted, unsalted peanuts

That's it. Put the peanuts in the processor with the sharp blade and process till it clumps up and turns into smooth peanut butter (about 2-3 min or so).



If you want chunky. Reserve about a cup of peanuts. Process the rest of the nuts till they're smooth. Remove the butter from the processor and dump in the cup of reserved nuts. Pulse a couple of times to break them up a bit. Stir the chunks into the smooth and voila!

Store your peanut butter in an air tight container in the fridge. I'm just re-using my store bought container so it's even labeled "Peanut Butter".

I'm pretty positive this will work with just about all nuts so my next experiments are almond butter and pistachio butter (thank you Gamer)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for offtopic:

    Congratulations irdaawandiraa!

    Thank you Amie !
    I'm so excited to be one of the lucky winners :)
    I sent you already an e-mail with my address.

    miha p.

    ReplyDelete