Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ouch.

My thighs feel like jello and I have to make a conscious effort to not walk bowlegged :lol: I went to the gym on Monday and probably pushed myself harder than I should have and then went to my combat class today and now, my legs hurt so much that they can't even stand a gentle massage. I have to remember to just keep stretching... but it hurts [insert baby wine here].

On the plus side, I found out that I'm uber stretchy. I have hyperextened joints and have always had a hard time stretching -- specifically my hamstrings. I would always feel the stretches in the back of my knee and the arch of my foot instead of my muscle. Well, I talked to the combat instructor and she suggested that I stretch way past the "normal" everyone else point in order for it to work in my legs and lo and behold -- it worked! For the first time in my life I can do hamstring stretches and they don't hurt in all the wrong places... yay :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey I have the same problem with streching... LOL wouldn't u know I would be one to OVER stretch.. lol Check me out http://anwanettamarshay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete